Posts tagged Politics.
Canadians were not raised by people whose fathers raped, murdered, and pillaged Vietnamese lives and then came home with all their nightmares intact. Canadians do not teach schoolchildren that the death of one hundred thousand japanese via the atomic bomb was “necessary.” That the death of one million Iraqis was to ‘protect freedom.’ That’s why the US is more violent than Canada. We validate and facilitate violence every day and have done so throughout our history.
“All government suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible.” - Frank Herbert, Dune
Anonymous destroys the Newark Police website
Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man’s original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion. Sometimes the poor are praised for being thrifty. But to recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less. For a town or country labourer to practise thrift would be absolutely immoral. Man should not be ready to show that he can live like a badly-fed animal. He should decline to live like that, and should either steal or go on the rates, which is considered by many to be a form of stealing. As for begging, it is safer to beg than to take, but it is finer to take than to beg. No: a poor man who is ungrateful, unthrifty, discontented, and rebellious, is probably a real personality, and has much in him. He is at any rate a healthy protest. … I can quite understand a man accepting laws that protect private property, and admit of its accumulation, as long as he himself is able under those conditions to realise some form of beautiful and intellectual life. But it is almost incredible to me how a man whose life is marred and made hideous by such laws can possibly acquiesce in their continuance.
The Obama Admins ‘Death Committee’,
Attorney General Eric Holder at Northwestern University said that the US government has the right to order the killing of US citizens abroad if they’re senior Al Qaeda operatives who pose an imminent terrorist threat, and cannot reasonably be captured. He did this without specifically mentioning Anwar Al-Awlaki or releasing the legal memo that the administration allegedly used in that case. Harper’s Magazine’s Scott Horton discusses.
Anonymity isn’t just using TOR or a VPN and choosing a nickname-it means literally having no name, no identity. This means you DO NOT deface websites mentioning your nickname (or that of your team, I’m looking at YOU, CharrieWong), or in any way associate the name you are using with yourself (watch your identities).
You should credit Anonymous (or give no credit) for your actions, as soon as a name is attached to you, a single slip-up is enough to get you caught. Once the Feds know there’s a group, any form of infiltration (IE having an informant) in your group will be devastating. All of your work, data, rooted boxes, infrastructure, and scraps of personal data will be going directly to the feds. This brings us to some critical suggestions that we pulled together after perusing the criminal Complaints from the alleged LulzSec / Internet Feds / Anonymous arrests.
Please read, reflect and remember them next time you feel the keen need to share a personal detail from your life with your new bff in IRC.
CONVERSATIONS WITH OTHER PEOPLE - NEVER…
**Quick note from observing Sabu: if someone disappears without prior notice for an extended period of time, and then upon coming back tries to gain access to several more groups, and attempts to build a trust-based relationship with you, said person *might* be an informant.
- mention any political affiliations directly (don’t say I’m a registered Independent, just talk about your political views)
- mention any arrests (of you, or people you know) (WE LOVE YOU JEREMY HAMMOND!)
- mention any forms of IRL activism that you have participated in
- tell people what you are doing at any given time, or give out specific schedule information (IE, I’m always out of the house between 5 and 7 pm)
- mention your age, any previous work (citing your abilities is okay if you don’t provide much proof), height, ethnicity, or medical conditions
- mention where you are, if you happen to be on vacation
- inform people outside of your trusted group of any changes in IRC nicknames
- mention the manufacturer of your computer (or NIC, more specifically) without changing the MAC address! (WE LOVE YOU JEREMY HAMMOND!)
ADVICE FOR WOULD-BE HACKERS:
- don’t attack any organisations you are in any way affiliated with (don’t DDOS your school, dumbshit! Again, looking at you CharrieWong)
- don’t dump any information to a server that you didn’t witness the pwnage of. (Stratfor’s data was copied over to an FBI server)
- ALWAYS use TOR/a VPN while haxing! An easy way to run pretty much anything through TOR on linux is by using proxychains or torify (‘cept nmap!)
- NEVER listen for reverse shells on your own box (derp)
- NEVER connect to anything even remotely related to your target using any IP addresses that are affiliated with you or a small group of peopleYou can read the full criminal complaints from the alleged LulzSec / Internet Feds / Anonymous arrests HERE